*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601636-The-Commish-of-Diesel-Nation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#601636 added August 13, 2008 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
The Commish of Diesel Nation
Finally, the boys have taken up a sport that presents no bodily harm to my person: Fantasy Football.

Not wanting to throw myself into their little circle uninvited, I opted to stay out of discussions about it. That is, until they started talking about the drafting of players.

Enter yours truly. The issue was raised that they would need someone to sort of oversee the event and maintain some semblance of order. Sensing their void, I was nominated de facto Commissioner of The Diesel Nation Fantasty Football League.

I'll try to get some pics up soon of today's draft, because once I commit to something I go all-in. I looked like one swanky commish in my tie, sportcoat and fedora, hair all done up, shaking hands with the attendants, calling the names of each selection and cracking jokes the entire time. I'd guess that I didn't know half the guys there, which for some reason made it all the more easier to rip on them if they made a poor choice. They were just impressed that they had a commissioner with a sense of humor, and it was even cooler that some of them knew my brother. Nice touch. It was a good day.

So much for staying out of trouble though. Can't get into details but it could be interesting. Stay classy WDC. You're my number one pick. Peace.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601636-The-Commish-of-Diesel-Nation