*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601192-So-you-wanna-be-a-rock-star
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#601192 added August 10, 2008 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
So you wanna be a rock star?
Rain down...rain down ohh rain down on me...

I survived yesterday's thunder/lightning/hailstorm. Now it's raining like no tomorrow. Only there better be a tomorrow.

A good friend of Winkz, Ed, plays a good guitar and wants to see more of my lyrics. I showed him something I wrote just last night and he was like "I can hear it in my head...I can come up with a melody."

I reorganized my cds, finally, yesterday. I'm anal about that.

So after perusing my cds and listening to me singing along to myself, Ed says he might need a singer for his "Battle of the Bands" competition, which is tonight. The only problem is I don't know any of their songs, other than they're kinda screamo, which isn't my vocal taste but whatever. Get me on stage with a mic in one hand and lyrics in another and I'll move a crowd, even if I'm still tryin' to learn the words to my own songs.

Ed mentioned once bringing his dope souped-up keyboard over to make some beats I could rhyme some of my lyrics over, but I'm more of a lyricyst than a lyricist. Until I can tear off some puncture-proof lines, I'll fiddle with some beats.

It took me an hour this morning to realize I dropped my phone behind my loveseat last night. That was a huge waste of time. I think, in this pouring rain, I may post last night's attempt at writing. If you feel like perusing my port, it'll be somewhere in the Slurred Emotions folder with the title "How Do You". I'll do that while waiting this storm out and waiting for the phone call to see if I'm needed to sing.

By the way, actually saw the CWC that will no longer be named in this spot yesterday and had a nice conversation. Seems like everybody's havin' hard times. Why do people make life a competition rather than try to help one another? Even the poor folk seem to want to say they'll do anything to be poorer than you. What kind of a back-asswards society is this?

The rain has gotten ridiculous, as I may with my prattling on and on. Peace out, stay dry, and rock on. *Smirk* *Cool*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601192-So-you-wanna-be-a-rock-star