*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601932-Surfacing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#601932 added August 14, 2008 at 4:26pm
Restrictions: None
Surfacing
It has been a crazy few days. I feel like I'm finally starting to surface again. The cat broke its leg two days ago. I'm out a few hundred bucks and still no closer to understanding how his injury occured. It could have been worse, far worse and I'm grateful that he is going to okay. The recovery process is bound to be a long and hard one for me and I've yet to figure out how I'm going to manage his care while I am gone. One bridge at a time...
For now, I'm getting back into work and looking forward to a break in Florida. Sun and palm trees should prove to be the soothing balm on our raw nerves though I'm not sure having a toddler in tow will help us relax.
In the meantime, Melissa has been on my mind since she approached my father last weekend out at block island. Truth be told, her loss in my life was one I felt most acutely at the end, more so than my ex. She and I may have initially met through my relationship with Seth but our bond was unique and of itself, a special friendship. My recent estrangements from other friends make me realize how much I miss the contact of having friends who share a mutual outlook on life and who sincerely care about you. Melissa and her husband are really amazing people, they have very good hearts. There are too few people in this life that you meet and have an immediate fondness for - essentially, Seth's brother and sister and her husband were all those kind of people. That is really one of the most tragic parts about his life and death, that they had to suffer so much in the process. Thinking back to the last time we met, I'd just gotten engaged, she seemed so excited for my upcoming marriage and when she hugged me goodbye in the parking lot, she told me she loved me, that she was my friend and she hoped we could keep in touch in each other's lives. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt, Melissa would love to see my wedding pictures, catch up on my life and be truly and honestly happy for my new life. I'm planning on giving her a call soon, to see if she's like to have lunch some time, or coffee and catch up.

© Copyright 2008 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601932-Surfacing