*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604056-Fennel-Seed--Four-of-Wands
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#604056 added August 27, 2008 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Fennel Seed--Four of Wands
I've changed my costumicon to a little leafy image---feeling virtuous because I bought 2 tomato plants at Home Cheapo(depot) today and a rosemary plant. Have repotted them and hoping for the best. The last tomato plant I bought from Wal-Mart died. My herbs are doing fine, though. And the purslane seeds I planted have sprouted---purslane is considered a weed, so I'm hoping I should be able to grow this! Even though a weed, it is edible, and has been found to be rich in omega 3's and other nutrients. Gonna try some french dandelion seeds, too.

I passed on the fennel at the store today----perhaps I should have reconsidered. I like it as a veggie----roasted----it's good with a roasted potato salad----but I think it requires more space than my small container garden can provide. The Tarot Card I pulled pictures 2 lovely angels----or perhaps gardening devas?

One of my tiniest tarot books tells me that the four of wands means that social life and activity come to the forefront---and cautions me not to get stuck in old behavior patterns---and that if I come to a fork in the road to keep my eyes open for all options. Also, past efforts and labor will be rewarded. Can't wait....*Smile*

I'm also feeling virtuous because I've pretty much completed Christmas shopping for the grandkids.....and have not broken the budget.....on-line budget shopping and free shipping has paid off!

For friends this year...we are cutting back...but I have an idea about creating container herb gardens for them.....and homemade goodies...

Went to breakfast this morning with my friend Fran---she gifted me with a prayer cloth...and I gifted her by keeping quiet about my political opinions....(this actually coincides with what my horoscope told me to do today)



August 27, 2008
Let Your Views Flourish
Scorpio Daily Horoscope
You could be more open to different points of view today, which could mean that you are willing to look at the world through a nonjudgmental lens. You may find that suspending your inner critic brings you to greater realizations about the mysteries that life holds for you. As you uncover new and exciting ideas today, you may wish to view them with a certain level of detachment and simply name the ideas. For example, instead of thinking that you agree or disagree with something, you could mentally create a phrase or sentence that objectively describes the information. Seeing the world in a neutral way can help you unearth new and exciting ideas that you might have dismissed previously, and you may find that your picture of the world expands.

Learning to view our thoughts impartially allows us to broaden our minds and be more receptive to ideas with which we might not agree. Even if we think we are open-minded, our minds have the tendency to turn off when we are exposed to things that conflict with our beliefs. Observing our minds and reactions with detachment, however, means that we simply accept the ideas around us. We allow them to penetrate the inner reaches of our minds first so that we will be able to examine them evenhandedly and in more depth later. By watching instead of forming opinions today, you will be more receptive to different ideas and your own viewpoints will flourish and progress.




.we both did agree, however, that we both felt the United States was slipping from being the major mover and shaker on the world political scene----but we have vastly different reasons for believing this.

She will probably sport a McCain/???....bumpersticker on her PT Cruiser.....and I'll have an Obama/Biden one on mine. *Smile*

Blessings!

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604056-Fennel-Seed--Four-of-Wands