*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605097-Paper-Hearts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#605097 added September 2, 2008 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
Paper Hearts
Grab a blankie, put your shorty shorts on, and grab a coke and a smile. I'll keep this under 1kb today.

Day Night two of upstairs Amber's friends being over didn't swell me too much. I just turned up the tv I fall asleep to a little bit more and then woke up...

At 6:40am. I missed the landlord by ten minutes, trying to wake up his brother who lives in the attic and wondering several times why the rent I owe hasn't been paid. Meanwhile homes...enjoy your trips to Hawaii and Baltimore this summer and get off my dick about taxes and garbage cans, or give your brother's job in the Department of Public Works to me and save yourself the price of donuts and coffee that get swallowed up by those who you don't intend them to be eaten by anyway. Plus, your brother has so much sick/vacation time banked and is costing the village mad dough. So thanks for putting me on the team that helped you get reelected, Mr. Village Trustee, saying there might be a job in it for me. It used to be cute when you'd slip me a fiver out of the rent I paid when I told you I was scrapin' by a few years back and told me to get a beer. The bartender in you in this case doesn't make you the better man.

I didn't do it for the job, but fuck man, now I need one because I have to pay you and get back on track, and keep you from knockin' on my door to get upstairs at the crackpipe of dawn.

Anyway, CWC made a scene in front of another cashier after I questioned her pride this morning. Don't look at your wrist for a watch when you don't have one and I roll into your spectrum earlier than you expect. Especially after days I stroll in late in the afternoon and hear about how late I am.

At least I didn't get domed by the newspaper. But I did feign a swing of it at her today.

And when your company is stacking cutouts on your counter for charity, don't assume I won't buy one when I call you a bad cashier and chuck a GW at you and say "yeah, bend over and pick that up" when you front on me. I know what it's like to sell that stuff. Don't think I won't buy one. I grabbed it and she warned me to "be nice" as I contemplated what to sign it with, so I did, in front of her crowd. I scribbled a half-assed heart on it as she was getting relieved by the old stoner/stroke lady.

They were hearts, I assume for the American Heart Association. I asked why she wasn't pushing them. Called her a bad cashier. She said I wouldn't buy one. We sold paper balloons at Eckerd for Children's Miracle Network and I pumped that shit up to my cashiers. For no reason other than why the fuck not? My store went from selling a few to almost 1000. At least she could do the same.

She at least went out of her way to wish me a good day, as uncouth as I was and it was.

The good deal is I should get some sleep, but the nap I took earlier (that wasn't that great) is most likely going to hold me back from that. The kids went to BK and I asked them to run across the street for an Arby-Q. And between the 8 of them they couldn't put two bucks together to get a Q with swiss cheese. Fuckers...come here, whine about me not playing Kanye West, and then take off or pass out when I do put that shit on against my better judgement. Yeah...time to go back to school. *Smirk*

I reached out to people today, because I could. I mainly got the shaft. After being warned about the shaft. So now what the fuck am I supposed to do, KRS-ONE?

I'm gonna hang up this phone tonight and hope I wake up in a good place. This entry went on far too long. Ooop, mah bad.

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605097-Paper-Hearts