*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605349-The-Rules
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#605349 added September 4, 2008 at 2:18am
Restrictions: None
The Rules
Legs scream at bikes and bikes scream at trucks
and motorists curse their lousy luck
Crossing Guard's not doing his job
and traffic's not about to stop for the first casualty of thought


I woke up this morning to a lot of emails. Some nice, some...not so much. And the not so nice ones were either dumbfounding or unfounded, as it just is my life I prattle on about.

Superfarmer's bent on the cover of Time
the moralists scream he's all mine
so the Bard isn't doing her job
the vacuum night
the darkest rites
the small quarantined thoughts


I got my Walgreens on and much to my chagrin Jess was present and her manager gave me a boost in picking on her. Jess was quiet. Then I left. Not much to report there. She'll likely be off tomorrow.

Salesman said this vacuum's guaranteed
it could suck an ancient virus from the sea
it could put the dog out of a job
could make traffic stop so little thoughts
can safely get across


But on my way to the gas station the traffic attendant failed to acknowledge me one way or the other while attempting to cross a busy street as the high schoolers completed their first (half) day of classes.

It's the rules

Don't I exist, lady?, My backpack doesn't count if I didn't shave or put my smoke out? I don't need you to help me cross this intersection anyway, because I have all summer. But the second some retarded drunk driver texting his idiot friend blows that turn and flips me in the air like a pancake while you're looking the other way, somebody will take your job. All for some smokes. Geez lady. Been a rough morning as it is.

Guaranteed or not
it's the rules


Had a nice nap and a less nice war with technology. And if you think this entry is about you, I advise you to come to the corner of Broadway and Transit and run me down. In the morning. I'll be the joker with the confused look on my face. I may or not be wearing a wig with a headband. And I may or not be there. And you may or not care.

It's the rules
It's the rules


Such a chill song by The Tragically Hip. So chill. This band simply doesn't suck. So don't suck either, people. *Heart*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605349-The-Rules