*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605738-My-Favorite-Day-of-the-Week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#605738 added September 6, 2008 at 6:11pm
Restrictions: None
My Favorite Day of the Week
Jalál (Glory), 18 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Saturday, September 6, 2008 about 2:54 PM Pacific Time

As a child, in Blackwell, Oklahoma, my favorite day of the week was Saturday. That was the day grandpa usually took us to the lake. I don't remember the name of the lake because we always called it The Lake. Anyway we went either Friday night or Saturday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon, it was a weekly ritual.

Now I think my favorite day of the week is Sunday. At least, this month it is Sunday. Specifically tomorrow, because I will attend the Feast of 'Izzat (Might) tomorrow night. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day because I have to pick up a prescription after 11:30 AM.

It is interesting how things have changed over the last fifty or sixty years. My grandmother could not pick up her prescriptions on Sunday, because the pharmacy was closed that day. Now almost all pharmacies are open on Sunday and even on holidays, so you can pick up your meds then.

Saturday's were spent
swimming and water skiing
with my grandparents.

Memories return
visions of grandpa skiing
or driving the boat.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605738-My-Favorite-Day-of-the-Week