*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607196-feeling-the-pinch
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#607196 added September 15, 2008 at 7:04am
Restrictions: None
feeling the pinch
My response to the Leading Journal entry by Susannah Deschain for September 14, 2008


I have been "Invalid Entry for the past several months, but with assistance we finally got the back power bill paid. I'm one of those people who sees the worst case scenario as a real possibility. Dispite the fact that I've never actually encountered the worst case scenario. My vision of the worst case scenario is always much worse then what actually happens.

As I said, I have been feeling the pinch for the past several months. In August, when I called the Nevada Power to inform them when could pay the bill due August 20l, I had the due date changed from the 20th of the month to the 6th. My next bill is is due October 6, right after a check comes in.

I still have the phone bill and the water bill to deal with, as well as a number of medical bills for both Mom and myself. Fortunately, Mom has insurance and her co-pay isn't high. I bought her meds Saturday. Between the cash in my purse and the money in my account I had enough to get her meds. However, I didn't have enough to buy gas for the car.

Fortunately, my paycheck came in Saturday. I expected it Friday, but it didn't come. I was worried that it wouldn't come before today. I haven't checked my account yet today. When I checked it Sunday (I just love online banking) it was still in the black. If the check had came Friday, I would have taken it to the my bank and deposited it. Today I'm going to go to the bank the check is drawn on, cash it and then deposit most of it in my bank (I'm following a gut feeling on this).

I'm not feeling the pinch this morning, that doesn't mean I won't feel it sometime today. This morning I woke up in a good mood, with only minor worries plaguing me. Those worries have dissipated. Apparently, I can't worry and pray at the same time.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607196-feeling-the-pinch