*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607337-so-far-so-good
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#607337 added September 15, 2008 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
so far, so good
'Fraid I don't have much energy to write tonight either, but things are going pretty well. Lenore is home, made it through the surgery with no deficits and hardly a big enough shaved spot to detect in her thick hair. It's amazing. Especially considering the tumor was 3x3x2 inches, she told me. Inches! She was alarmed when she heard it, and I was too. So, with that much brain gone, wouldn't you think you'd notice some difference? Well thank God, we have not. Even while she was in ICU the next day after her surgery she was supplying answers to a word quiz I was sharing with Bill.

The surgeon says he thinks it is what he hoped for, the best possible kind of cancer, the slow growing, low grade kind; but we won't know for sure till the the pathology report comes back.

So, since her husband took two more weeks off from work, I came home yesterday. Hated to go to work today, didn't want to focus on anyone else, but I will be better tomorrow. As Bill says, repeating some comedian from Sirius radio no doubt, "I called in and said I had a vision problem. I couldn't see myself going to work today." I'm really tired tonight, even though I've been getting pretty good sleep, but I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. You're the greatest! *Kiss*

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607337-so-far-so-good