*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607665-tired
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#607665 added September 17, 2008 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
tired
Not much energy tonight either, not to write about anything other than the prime thing on my mind, my daughter, and not much new about that.

Yesterday, she reports, she blacked out in the shower. She managed to get down safely, feeling it coming on, and her husband was right there in the bathroom with her. Still, a college friend who is living with them presently and helping out, called 911. They came and checked her out, although she was wrapped in a towel and sitting in the living room by the time the paramedics arrived. They didn't find anything. She speculates that she just overdid it, shampooing and shaving her legs, etc., in the hot shower water. A concern was that it might be a seizure, which wouldn't be unusual but she didn't think that's what it was.

The kids haven't much comprehension of what all this means. They weren't home during the bathtub incident, thank goodness. When her mother was in the hospital, Sophie was worried that she would get a black eye, which actually didn't happen. They are both worried, of course, because things are different and they know that will continue at least for awhile. Jack told me he'd have his mother help him clean up his room after a couple of months when she was better. lol (We started on it that night, but didn't get very far.) Lenore has taken the semester off from school, which she hopes to enjoy with the kids.

Me, I'm exhausted. Every day at home I wonder how I will get through it. I feel like all I want to do is get back into bed and sleep. Monday and Tuesday it hit me around 3 pm. Today I was feeling that way by noon. I'm sleeping okay at night, so I don't know why it is. Wonder if I'm anemic again, or just emotionally drained. I've had a sympathetic headache too, and made an appointment with my doctor for a physical next month, the soonest I could get in. Tumors are supposed to be genetic, and i know I have calcium deposits in my head, so something else for me to worry about, no doubt senselessly. Lenore is enough to worry about. Maybe it's a diversion to think of myself too.

I haven't even been reading your blogs, so I hope you'll forgive me and I'll get back to them when I can.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607665-tired