*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607543-My-Car-is-parked-in-my-driveway
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#607543 added September 17, 2008 at 5:03am
Restrictions: None
My Car is parked in my driveway
‘Idál (Justice), 10 ‘Izzat (Might), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, September 17, 2008 about 1:49 AM Pacific Time

My Car is parked in my driveway and it's going nowhere until I get off work today. A neighbor will take to work, but I'm going to have to make other plans if the car isn't drivable by Monday. As it is, I'm gong to have to figure a way to get it to the mechanic.

I didn't drive it yesterday or go to work. On Monday, the car overheated while Mom and I were out. So instead of going to the bank, I came home and let it cool down. I figured I'd put water in it Tuesday morning and drive it. The problem was it wouldn't hold water and from the looks of where it was leaking it wasn't the radiator, but a hose.

It turns out it isn't the hose, but the thermostat. Now I have to get a new thermostat, so I have to get it to my mechanic. In the mean time, I still can't drive it because I have to put at least two quarts of oil in. I'll stop at Food 4 Less this afternoon on the way home from work, get 4 or 5 quarts, and then put in what I need.

If I still can't drive it, with the thermostat acting the way it is, I'll call Triple A. I now have Triple A and my membership is scheduled for validation this afternoon sometime. A neighbor took me to the Triple A offices yesterday afternoon and I bought a years membership. I still have some money left, but I have o check the address of my machines to see if it's less then 5 miles from my house. If it's more then that I have to pay the extra. Oh well, I don't have to worry about that this morning.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607543-My-Car-is-parked-in-my-driveway