*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607791-A-Weekend-Spent-Writing
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1474485
My blog from the land of humidity
#607791 added September 18, 2008 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
A Weekend Spent Writing
Well, it's my Sunday evening. Tomorrow it's back to the grind. I spent a great percentage of my past two days off writing, most of it creating and revising a short story for the Bard's Hall monthly contest. I finished and submitted it this afternoon, now it's time for a celebratory gin and tonic and to write here in the blog. One thing that really frosts my nads is that I'm too new to this web site to take advantage of the subtleties of the site. For instance I started my short story as a draft, I wrote a ton in my first sitting, most of it not very good, I knew it wasn't very good but I had every intention of revising it and making it better as I went along. Well, I saved it and didn't restrict access to it. So naturally somebody rated it. It sucked, I knew it sucked and I should have not allowed anyone to see it until I was done with it. Now I have a completed story that I think is pretty good and it's already tagged with a crappy 3 star rating. The worst part is that they didn't provide a review along with the rating so I could e-mail them and explain that it was just a friggin' draft for cryin' out loud, give me a break. Note to self, and to anyone else out there who cares to hear me : if you're going to rate somebodies work, take the time to review it and tell them what you did or didn't like. Nothing is worse than telling someone that what they did is not very good without telling them why you feel that way. It's chicken shit and it's unfair. From now on I won't allow access to my drafts until they are ready. I guess I'll chalk it up to not utilizing the features of the web site as best I could.

It's still soggy here in the land of humidity, but we're over the worst of it. Another month and we'll get our first real cold front and then the beautiful weather will be upon us until next April, when the cycle starts anew. It rained today, but not much relief came with it. The dog is lazy like the rest of us, except when she spots the baby ghecko on the back porch. Then she springs into huntress mode and chases the thing from screen to screen, trying to prove to us that she deserves to be here. Which reminds me, time to take the mighty huntress for her nightly walk. Then I must start dinner - linguini with clam sauce tonight, hell yeah.

© Copyright 2008 Clrd2Land (UN: keyskayak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Clrd2Land has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607791-A-Weekend-Spent-Writing