*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607964-A-tribute-to
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#607964 added September 19, 2008 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
A tribute to...
My response to the Leading Journal entry by Thomas for September 18, 2008.

"Invalid Entry

Photo of Grandma and Grandpa Newland


My Grandma and Grandpa Newwland who were always there for me when I was growing up.

Grandpa Newland was my guardian angel. He rescued me when I closed myself in a refrigerator. He taught me how to drink coffee and to drive. He taught me how to water ski and set off fireworks for the Fourth of July. Grandpa was always there when I needed him. He was my father figure after my parents divorced.

Grandma Newland was my best friend. She taught me how to wash dishes the old fashion way, with a dishrag and a towel to dry them. She always give me water with ice cubes in it winter or summer. She bought me dolls for Christmas and paper dolls to cut out. She let me cut paper dolls from old Ward's catalogs.

I remember Grandma and Grandpa sleeping is separate beds. Grandpa smoked and Grandma was allergic to cigarette smoke. Grandpa could smoke in his room, which he was responsible for cleaning. His room smelled of Prince Albert Smoking Tobacco. Grandma took care of the rest of the house.

Mom remembers them sleeping in the same bed together. Mom said when Grandma couldn't sleep she would get up and clean house, while Grandpa laid there and snored away. Grandpa snored and both of my brothers snore. Grandpa was bald since he was a young man, Mom remembers rubbing his hairless head as a little girl sitting on his lap. One of my brothers started going bald in high school.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607964-A-tribute-to