*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609355-did-you-ever-notice
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#609355 added September 25, 2008 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
did you ever notice?
I ate too much of the zucchini bread, and not because it was so good, but because I kept trying it, hoping it was better than I'd thought with the previous bite. Have any of you ever done that? It seems heroically stupid, but I'm sure that was the reason.

Lola has a new trick. She paddles furiously from the side of the koi pond until she can get the water hyacinths to float over to her. Then she flips them out of the water with both paws and carries them off to nibble. I've never had a dog eat so many veggie things!

Yesterday I left the door open so she could come in and out if it got colder or rainy. That was a mistake. No, there were no muddy footprints or chewn up bits of unidentifiable things, but her behaviour was off the wall all the rest of the night. She wouldn't even sit on command to get her leash on, and she chased the cat all over the house. Today she was confined to the dog run, not even given free run of the yard, and she is an angel. Almost. She still ran across the street when Bill took her out for an evening piddle. He wants her to stay with him without the leash, and she has been doing that until this week. Suddenly the lure of the golden lab across the street who will play with her is more important than anything else, so I guess it's back to the leash for her, at least when she's with me. I saw one dog get hit by a car, and I dread the possibility of seeing that happen to her.

Nothing new from my daughter about the tumor. She still hasn't heard a word from the pathology lab. Maybe tomorrow when she has an appointment with the neurosurgeon.
We're hoping for the best.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609355-did-you-ever-notice