*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609523-today-we-knowbut-what
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#609523 added September 27, 2008 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
today we know...but what?
My daughter went to the appointment with her neurologist today. He had not been notified that she had a blood clot and was angry. He would have treated it differently. That's disappointing news, one more worry I suppose.

The good news is that the tumor is what he expected it would be, and that it is relatively slow growing. He is making an appointment for her with a specialist in Portland who has studied this specific kind of tumor in great detail and will best be able to prescribe treatment for it.

So. Is anything different? Not exactly. You just swallow hard and pray harder, put off plans you still can't make with certainty, like when she'll be available for taking a vacation with us. As if any of us can ever plan anything with certainty, but we mostly don't know that. Now we have a clearer feeling for the changes and chances of this life.

I suppose I should feel happier, more relieved, but instead it's just more real, although far from really real to me yet. I imagine she feels a little that way too, although it's bound to be a whole lot more real to her.

Nothing else to write tonight. I won my game of solitaire. I thought I could if I kept trying. I play Spider. Isn't that thrilling? And Lola was dutifully put in her run today and has again been the better for it this evening. She sure gets her bowl of water full of dirt though. It was mostly mud, no water left, and it was full when I penned her up around noon. She's a tired little doggie tonight. She barked more before I left today than yesterday but was quiet when I came home. Good thing because I was busy talking to my daughter on the phone. We were having ribs tonight on the barbecue but couldn't get it fired up. Just changed tanks too. ?? Not nearly as good cooked in the oven, but oh well. What else can I say? The mint is still green and growing well. How do I get it to root now?

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609523-today-we-knowbut-what