*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609382-Day-7-Journal-Challenge-Tortured-Light
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#609382 added September 26, 2008 at 6:35am
Restrictions: None
Day 7 Journal Challenge: Tortured Light
The Final Challenge – Tortured Light: Inner Thoughts to Ensnare the Soul


Sometime inner thoughts can distract an individual from become her true self and achieving our purpose in life. I think each individual born into this world has a purpose and an ultimate goal to achieve while on the material plain. An individual's inner thoughts can prevent the soul from achieving that purpose. Inner thoughts, if the individual isn't careful, can cause the individual to pursue vain imaginings rather then his or her true purpose in life. This is why knowledge of self is so important.

A human being has two natures, a spiritual nature and a physical or material nature. The soul or spirit is the spiritual part of the individual, while the body is the physical or material part. To become one's true self an individual must develop the spiritual nature as well as the physical/material nature. Developing the material nature and the body isn't difficult because part of developing the body is a natural growth process. The individual goes beyond this when he or she does physical exercise or pursues a career to develop his or her physical and material attributes.

In most cases development of our soul and spiritual attributes part of the natural growth process. The individual must make an effort to develop the spiritual attributes. Prayer and meditation helps in this process, but other things that help as well. Sacrifice also helps develop the spiritual nature of the individual. When an individual has a choice between two different things he or she wants to do, but can only do one of them. Then the individual chooses and makes a sacrifice, this sacrifice helps develop the soul. Some sacrifices are more important then others, but only the individual and God know which sacrifices go further to develop the soul.



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609382-Day-7-Journal-Challenge-Tortured-Light