*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609552-I-Have-A-Dream-was-taken
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#609552 added September 27, 2008 at 9:38am
Restrictions: None
'I Have A Dream' was taken...
My response to the Leading Journal entry by katwoman45 for September 26, 2008.


"'I Have A Dream' was taken... and the world is interconnected. A event or political concept in one nation has an effect on the rest of the planet. The realization of the interconnectedness of life and nations began to dawn on humanity in the middle and late nineteenth century. Each decade and century since has revealed this interconnectedness in greater and greater detail through devastating events across Earth.

The twentieth century was a century of war. There was World War I, (the Great War) the War to end all wars, which it didn't. There was World War II and the dropping of a two atomic bombs on and enemy nation. I could go on listing all the wars of the twentieth century, but the history books do that much better then I can. The books may not tell everything that led up to each war, but they tell enough for one to get the idea of what was happening. Unfortunately, the history of a war is usually written by the victor and not the defeated.

The twenty-first century arrived, with humanity still fighting wars. However, in this century the interconnectedness of the world is seen in greater deal through the wars and crises themselves. Part of the problem is the screw you attitude of greed, but this is only one component of the crises. Another component is the belief that one religion, one nation, or one individual is better then another individual because of some specific criteria. There are other components, but it is the combined effect those components that reveal the interconnectedness of life on Earth.

Humanity is a single species, living on a planet that is interconnected. What happens in on part of the planet has and effect on the rest of the planet, politically, materially, physically and spiritually. The present crisis will not be solved by people and nations working independently of each other, but by those who work together for the common good. So when we write our politicians let them know we think the world is interconnected and that we want them to work toward the common good of the planet not just their individual cities or states.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609552-I-Have-A-Dream-was-taken