*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609777-people-are-surprising-creatures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#609777 added September 28, 2008 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
people are surprising creatures
My response to the Leading Journal entry by flex for September 27, 2008.


Yes, "Invalid Entry in more ways then one. Mom got a letter from my stepsister on Friday, it surprised me. Not that it surprised me she wrote, that didn't. What surprised me was that it was a letter written on a card, I expected an e-mail. I didn't know people sent cards like that anymore. Of course, P. is close to my age and we were raised at a different time, when it was more common to sent cards and letters.

I'll either pick out a couple of nice cards at the store or print off something from the computer. I'll probably print it off, since it looks like I'm in my last week at my present job. I doubt that I'll be getting an assignment some place else. So the next couple of months is going to be even tighter. I haven't told Mom yet, there is no use worrying her until I have to. I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing after this week, but I'll deal with that when the time come.

I've put off responding to this because I didn't want it to be so down. I enjoyed that job, but ... forget about what i was going to write. It was nice hearing from P. again. I'm going to focus on the positive and see if there is any lesson I can learn from this experience. It's still dark outside and I'm always a little more depressed in the dark then I am in the light.

I enjoy being surprised by people. It's nice to have your faith restored in the human race once in a while. It's the drivers in Las Vegas that usually surprise me with their courtesy.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609777-people-are-surprising-creatures