*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611391-Blogging-again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#611391 added October 6, 2008 at 10:13pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging again.
I guess it's time to get back to blogging again! I keep getting these reminders in my email.*Smirk*

My visit with the kids and grandkids was really fun. My son Matt picked me up at the ferry landing in Kingston on Wednesday, and we talked all the way to Port Orchard. His job was his main topic. He had full responsibility of the meat department at his store for one week when his supervisor was gone on vacation. It just so happened that a coupon advertising bacon for 99 cents had come out and they weren't prepared to deal with it ahead of time. So Matt had to call around their other stores in the area to get the amount of bacon he needed. He spent one whole day rounding up the bacon and then going to pick it up. It was a chaotic day for him, but he managed it quite well. Someday he will probably be managing his department there.

When we got to Port Orchard we swung by the cemetery to visit my son Chris's Memorial on the wall there. It had been a couple of years since I had been there. I was able to leave a flower for him. His urn is in a crypt in the Memorial Wall just inside the cemetery.

From there we went to pick up some groceries for our dinner and then to Pat's apartment where I would be staying for two days and two nights. I fixed a real nice chicken salad with cheese and garlic dressing, a roasted chicken, and mashed potatoes. Matt went to pick up his kids to join us for dinner, bringing a loaf of garlic bread to add to our meal.

We all had a good time sharing our meal together. Afterwards Matt, Karly and I played 500 Rummy while the rest of the boys watched a movie. Then we topped off the evening by pooling all our pennies and playing 21 Poker!

What fun.

The following day It was just Pat and I doing a little shopping down at the mall. I was able to get in touch with my friend Pam by phone and we talked for about an hour catching up.

That night when Matt got off work we went to Fred Meyer to pick out some bedding. It was off to bed before eleven on Thursday night.

The next morning, Friday, Matt's new girlfriend Kim came to have coffee with me at 10:00 A.M. Then my son Mike arrived soon after. A few hours later my daughter Julie arrived after picking Alex up from school. My son Pat's two boys Jayce and Christian were there also. My goodness how those two boys have grown! They are eleven and nine...but BIG boys. Jayce is bigger than his daddy! He tips the scale at 175 pounds and he is only eleven...will be twelve years old the day after Christmas. He takes after his maternal Granddaddy, Jay.

I took a lot of pictures , but I am just including this one of Jayce and Christian here.


Photo for my blog








Halloween Sig

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611391-Blogging-again