*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611924-Meditation-on-a-cup-of-coffee
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#611924 added October 9, 2008 at 7:50am
Restrictions: None
Meditation on a cup of coffee
Istijlál (Majesty), 13 Mashiyyat (Will), 165 B.E. – Thursday, October 8-9, 2008 about 4:18 AM Pacific Time

I get in a rut, especially when it comes to saving money. Normally I buy the same store brand of coffee because its $1.00 or $2.00 cheaper then the other brands. The last time I went to Food 4 Less, the Value Brand of coffee I usually buy was sold out. I pay a little less then $5.00 for that brand.

This time I bought the Kroger brand which cost a little over $6.00 probably about a $2.00 difference. This morning I opened the new can of coffee and made it. It is both stronger and smoother then the brand I regularly buy, of course this is premium coffee and the other wasn't. Actually, I don't think the Value brand has premium. I'll have to look closer at the coffee selections the next time I go to Food 4 Less.

I'm in heaven because I have strong smooth coffee on a day when I really need it. I'm going to have to walk to work today, which isn't that far but it's still a long walk. I'm not in the best physical condition. I don't think the walk is going to kill me or put me in the hospital, but it's going to be a test. The last time I walked any distance my right knee gave me problems and pain, but I can't let a little thing like that stop me.

I have premium coffee waiting for brewing when I get back home from work. I have to keep that in mind while I walk to and from work today. If I could afford to take off I would, but the car is acting up again. It ran out of power yesterday on the way home. It still has gas in the tank, so the problem is something else. It's either the fuel pump or the alternator. I borrowed a guy's cell phone to call Triple A and they came right out. I had them tow me to the house, which was less then 5 miles from where the car died so it didn't cost me anything for the tow.

I'll call them and have them tow the car to my mechanic either Saturday or Tuesday, unless I can get something done with it before then. I get paid this week, so my check should come through the mail on either Friday or Saturday. If it comes Saturday, then I can go to the bank its drawn on Sunday after noon. They have a branch in a grocery store close by that's open on Sunday afternoon.

I can do anything I put my mind to as long as I have the proper reward waiting for me at home. Right now that reward is a cup or two o premium blend coffee. I really wish I could afford to take off today, but that's out of the question. As it is, I'm going to be short one day's pay next week. Oh well, all I have to do is keep in mind the premium cup of coffee I have waiting for me at home. Needless to say, the next time I buy coffee it's going to be the premium coffee; sometimes saving money just isn't worth the price.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/611924-Meditation-on-a-cup-of-coffee