*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612718-Editing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#612718 added October 13, 2008 at 10:43pm
Restrictions: None
Editing
Wow, you wouldn't believe the editing that I have done on my Halloween short! It seems that in everyone of the reviews I've gotten here they all mention how much they are intrigued by my story , or how much they loved it.

Yet, most are asking for clarification as to "why" or "how" did this happen - or - what did this person feel? "How is the Phantom haunting his accusers?"

Don't get me wrong I have gotten a lot of useful feedback for editing. Some with really good ratings and some with 3 1/2 star ratings! I am trying not to get discouraged and I am putting their suggestions into my editing.

I do however, refuse to give up the bit of mystery that I have woven into it for Halloween by stating "how" the phantom haunts his accusers! Let the reader go figure...

I have to admit my story is better now than when I first wrote it. However, I can't help but think that the reason so many are picking it apart is because they really like it and want to be a part of it!

Is that too far fetched to think?*Wink*

Never have I gotten so many reviews filled with so many suggestions here and there. Of course I don't usually write a lot of short stories either. In fact this is probably my very first fiction write...and fantasy fiction at that.

Could be that is the reason for all the critique. When you write something non-fiction from personal experience they tend not to rip it apart as such.

Well, believe me it is not that easy for me to get my creative juices flowing and make something up!*Bigsmile* So writing this one is really out of my ballpark...or comfort zone, if you know what I mean.

I've entered it in several Halloween contests around the site...so can't wait to see what happens there.*Bigsmile*

Halloween Sig

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612718-Editing