*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612825-An-Example
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#612825 added October 14, 2008 at 3:01pm
Restrictions: None
An Example
Here is an example of the comments I receive on The Legend Of The Phantom Of The Hallows (of course I won't say who it was from) ~




You have just received the following private comment/review about
Item #1483417 entitled: "The Legend Of The Phantom Of The Hallows"

I enjoyed this piece. It is short, concise and tells the story in an interesting manner.

The descriptions are great. Good word pictures, I was able to see everything in my mind.

Stories with a curse in them can be fascinating and scary at the same time. This story worked for me.

Dialogue was excellent, as was the plot, setting, and characterization.

I do think that you can make this good story even better. It does not really need any changes, but I feel that your writing is good enough that you would be successful if you tried different ways to approach the story. For example, it could start with a small group of people gathered together for a story. Then the narrator begins the story.

Or

A first person narrative.

These are only two. There are endless styles.

I don't mean this as a criticism, as I think your story is great. I just wish I was more able to experiment, I tend to stick with one style, but I like to encourage others to experiment when I read a good piece of writing.

Liked the story, well done.

Character Count: 1,064
Rating included: 4.0 stars out of 5.0 stars. (Note: A 3.0 is Average.)


~~~

That's pretty much what everyone says "Great Story" and then I'm lucky if I get 4 stars out of them!

See what I mean about them wanting to be a part of the story? Is'n't that what this person is implying here??? Or am I wrong in interpreting it that way?*Smirk* .

Come on help me out here.*Bigsmile*



Halloween Sig

© Copyright 2008 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612825-An-Example