*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615198-2-of-disks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#615198 added October 28, 2008 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
2 of disks
Pulled a card today from the Rohrig Tarot---the two of disks-----change----an active card---with lots of upward movement. Not feeling active today---feeling logey and inert---although the weather is cool and lovely---and an inducement to be out and about. Fortunately, it's early in the day, I'm not working today, and have the day rolled out before me.

Adaptability, change, transformation, equaling things out.....

Have to go in to work briefly today to get my flu shot...

Was granted the past week-end off....so got to see the grandkids and go to oldest grandson Kyler's soccer and football games....

Managed to get a bunch of free planting pots this week-end....one of the neighbors was just throwing them out curbside....some time ago...we got a patio set the same way....and some plastic chairs....everything in great shape....and just put out for trash!

I belong to the Naples Freecycle group...people post things they have to give away...so things don't end up in the landfill....amazing.....even in the midst of a financial downturn we still have such abundance!

On CD I'm listening to a novel by SaraGruen, Water for Elephants....I'm intrigued by the story on several levels....it's set during the Depression and flows back and forth between the narrator's story in the past, and now, while he is a 90-year old man in a nursing home. Working in an assisted-living...it encourages me even more to see my residents as people...and not merely old people. The narrator is also Polish, and has sparked my interest in delving more into my own Polish ancestry....interesting to hear characters from the 1930's using epithets lke "dirty Polack"......racism, ageism, intolerance.......all need to be rooted out and fought against---both in society---and in our own hearts.

adaptability, change, transformation.......indeed!

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615198-2-of-disks