*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/613778-bubble-bubble-II
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#613778 added October 20, 2008 at 9:03am
Restrictions: None
bubble, bubble II
my goddess doll


We are quickly coming to my end-of-month Halloween birthday. This has been a tough year for me! Changed jobs, my son in the midst of a divorce, husband lost his job----and we are still not up to economic speed in our household. So much has changed!

I'm throwing all the changes into the cauldron and boiling it all down, into what?......the alchemists turned lead into gold.......I want to refine all this dross and misery into a better, more authentic me. I fear I am losing longtime friends, because we can't keep up the same lifestyle anymore....I suppose they were never true friends to begin with.....can't afford the fancy restaurants, movies, plays, etc......David and I are adjusting.....but we don't hear from these folks anymore.......phfft!---they go into the cauldron, too.

Our typically pro-Republican conservative local paper Naples Daily News endorsed Obama for President yesterday...and then Colin Powell endorses him! This is great, but it makes me nervous....afraid the campaign is being seriously co-opted! Whoops.....into the cauldron it goes!

An ancient pagan tradition for Halloween is to have a "dumb supper"......friends are invited...the festivities are totally silent till after midnight.....a place is set for the ancestors....our departed loved ones......and contact is made to honor and commune.....

I'm making a pot of Polish tripe soup for my dumb supper......the tripe and the liquid representing all the offal of the past year.......cooked and purified......I'm calling in my Eastern European grannies who knew about hardtimes and survival.....and I'm calling Obamas ancestors....for protection and guidance......what a night this should be!


and I'll be wearing my Obama '08 t-shirt.....with my mother's rosary in my pocket......




© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/613778-bubble-bubble-II