*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615386-Deanna-Favre-on-ESPNs-E60-and-Reaction
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#615386 added October 29, 2008 at 10:38am
Restrictions: None
Deanna Favre on ESPN's E:60 and Reaction
The Turds at Profootballtalk.com (if I could so liberally use their own term) are very candid about the NFL stories they cover. I think the insight their leader Mike Florio shows can range from humorous to imbecillic. The latter is proven with his reaction to Deanna Favre being featured on ESPN's new show E:60.

Florio is clearly obsessed with the Favre story, though repeatedly said this summer he wanted it to go away. And, has missed his calling and should be characterizing political candidates, calling himself a pundit or strategist. The PFT headline shows his clear focus on trying to make the woman sound like an idiot, perhaps because she didn't give him a smoking gun in which to shoot himself in the foot (the way he cleverly has here) with the on and off media free-for-all in this (Ugh) 'he said, (s)he said' fallout between Mr. Favre and the Green Bay Packers. (Notice the order and who the real woman should be)

Okay, getting to the PFT story...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/28/deanna-favre-claims-partial-credit-for...

My reaction, sent to PFT, and hopefully to appear on their web pages, since they are not shy at showing reader's disgust with their opinions...(and if not, here it is)

Defense of Deanna Favre and E:60 piece from PFT idiots...

I want to see your license to pratice journalism. Oh, that's right. You don't need one. Any idiot could pick the most vulnerable comments in a story and twist it to mean whatever they want. That's why we have CNN and FOX news.

Show some journalist integrity and at least ignore the E:60 piece, because it was not intended as hard journalism in the first place. This is a woman who survived cancer and serves as an ironic reminder of an athlete who has survived 16+ NFL seasons.

This is a woman who stands behind a very successful man, and there is intrigue about her perspective, not since he became famous, not since the string of tragedies beginning in 2003, but since he was ex-patriotated by his former team.

Granted, the story doesn't break much new ground, but rather rehashes old stuff. Give ESPN credit for letting the cameras roll while Mrs. Favre intimates without directly saying (and the real focus your speculative blurb here could have taken) that she would rather he retired (if I may be that presumptuous), if she really is the Ono to his Lennon, and she's clearly not.

Nice try, though. You might do better to help McCain smear Obama, if you want to put your talents to use, clearly wasted here.

bkc


enough, for now

© Copyright 2008 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615386-Deanna-Favre-on-ESPNs-E60-and-Reaction