*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617740-Milestones
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#617740 added November 10, 2008 at 3:55am
Restrictions: None
Milestones
Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that NaNoWriMo is going well. I've set a lot of personal writing records over the past week... and most importantly, I'm almost halfway to my goal of 50,000 words only a week in!

What I've realized though, is that more than anything, this novel has been good practice. It's not quite going to be the basis for that great novel I was going to send off to publishers. Much like my first screenplay (years and years ago), this is my first foray into the world of long-form fiction writing. I've been loving every minute of it so far, and I can definitely see myself exploring novel writing in the future, but perhaps my first effort at publication should come with a little more preparation than the process of writing with wild abandon that NaNoWriMo seems to encourage. *Smile*

I guess the point of this blog entry is just to say that I've accepted the fact that my entry this year won't be publishable... that I will definitely be writing another novel in the future... and that the challenge of NaNoWriMo this year had given me the confidence to accept and admit both of those things.

Thanks, NaNoWriMo! Does this mean I have to dedicate my first published work to you? My wife might object to that... *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617740-Milestones