*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617768-Jumping-The-Fence
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#617768 added November 10, 2008 at 7:39am
Restrictions: None
Jumping The Fence
Definition of "Jumping the fence" - crossing boundary lines of race, religion, ethnicity, culture, economic status in order to pursue a relationship. (EX- Lookin' for love in all the wrong places)

For one of my college classes I'm writing a paper on interracial couples and the impact they've had on America through this country's conception. I chose this topic because it hits close to home. I am the product of an interracial union. The same can be said of my mother. And through my research into my family tree I can find many example of my ancestors jumping the fence.

The beautiful thing about it all is that everyone can say that about their family whether they want to believe it or not. We are all a wonderful mix of different cultures and backgrounds. Its what makes us unique and what brings us together.

So, in light of my paper and the new president, I pose these questions to anyone who comes across my blog.

*Note*Are you in or do you know someone in an interracial couple?

*Note*What are your thoughts on interracial couples?

*Note*Do you feel that interracial couples hold the same stigma they did say thirty years ago?

*Note*Do you think race matters when it comes to romantic relationships?

*Note*Are there any stories of interracial couples in your family?

Please give me your honest answers. Not only will your prospective give me insight to my paper it will also, quite possibly, start a discussion, which is how barriers are brought down.

>>>OT: On a brighter note, I pretty sure I'm freaked out my Secret Pal. My first time around and already I'm scarring people for life. *Hangs head and walks off in shame*

© Copyright 2008 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617768-Jumping-The-Fence