*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620863-The-Fool
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#620863 added November 27, 2008 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
The Fool
I pulled the Fool card for Thanksgiving-----was hoping for a card of bounty---something from the pentacles suits----but here it is!

The Fool is the beginning and the end of the tarot-----to paraphrase T.S. Eliot----to arrive where we have started---and know the place for the first time...

I've been contemplating the symbol of the labyrinth recently----listening on CD to a novel by that name...

We journey outward through life's stages and processes and then inward...through the development of our spirituality and our soul.

The Fool is the seeker, the beginner.....the wise man on the mountain...

he has seen everything and knows evrything and laughs.....or perhaps he knows nothing and understands nothing...and laughs.


I shall be the Fool at the Thanksgiving table this year.....and what a foolish table it will be.

My husband David and I are going to my ex-husband's-----we shall celebrate with my ex-daughter-in-law and my four grandkids-----included will be her new partner and their 4-month old daughter----my grandkids halfsister. My son will be driving back from Boca Raton with his new girlfriend and her 3 children....

also included will be Jim....the on-again, off-again alcoholic that my ex-husband continues to feel it's his duty to take care of....

a motley crew of fools indeed...

but....this is the reality of my life....

This is not how I had envisioned my life turning out.....but for today I will be a happy and grateful Fool.

May you all have a blessed and foolish Thanksgiving!

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620863-The-Fool