*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621836-I-swear
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#621836 added December 2, 2008 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
I swear
"I swear moderation in all things is commendable, especially swearing
.

My swear word vocabulary consist of the milder form such as damn and crap. Sometimes if I’m extremely angry I’ll use the f word, but that is vary rare. Anger increases my stress level and I think stress causes gray hair. At least my hair didn’t start turning gray until I go under a lot of stress.

I used to say Oh, shit! However, the last time I said that someone (I think one of my brothers) said “You do and you’ll clean it up.” I haven’t used that expression since. I don’t like swearing and I find some of the words extremely offensive. This doesn’t mean I’ll react to them.

I think the problem with swearing in society today has more to do with lack of hygiene then anything else. By that I mean too few people are getting their mouths washed out with soap when the say those words. Believe me, once you get your mouth washed out with soap for using an expletive you don’t want to use it again, but you will in an appropriate situation.

Perhaps a good mouth washing with a bar of soap is all some people need to stop swearing. Then again some could find they liked the taste of the soap or someone washing their mouth out with it. They would increase their swearing in hopes of getting their mouth washed out again.

My response to the December 2, 2008 leading entry by Cappucine


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621836-I-swear