*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621827-Day-2-How-courteous-are-we
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#621827 added December 2, 2008 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
Day 2: How courteous are we?
I suspect that the answer to that question depends on the circumstances and the amount of stress in our lives. I know it shouldn’t, we should be courteous to everyone at all times. However, courtesy we sometimes toss out the window when a person is under a great deal of stress.

I know I have found myself being discourteous when I’m under a great deal of stress. Since I react that way, therefore so does about 95% of the population. The thing is we need to be more courteous when were under stress because that is the time we need the most assistance with whatever we’re doing. Courtesy is more likely to get positive responses then discourtesy.

Another aspect of courtesy comes in when we are dealing with other cultures. Different cultures have different customs. When we visit another country, we need to be aware of the different customs, especially the customs with regard to courtesy. When we encounter visitors from other parts of the world especially courteous to them and overlook what we may consider rudeness or discourtesy. We have to remember that many first time visitors to our area of the world may not be aware of many of the local customs. Visitors to our “neck of the woods” (so to speak) usually act in patterns learned in their native lands.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1405205 by Not Available.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621827-Day-2-How-courteous-are-we