*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622764-Communication
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#622764 added December 6, 2008 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Communication
"Invalid Entry said Michael to the group of students gathered around him, “is the key to dealing with sentient beings.” Before going on with his lecture, he studied the face of each individual. “When we deal with any intelligent, soul possessing individual or species, we have to find the best way to communicate with them, so that they understand and will eventually become part of the Universal Alliance of Sentient Creatures.”

“Mr. Michael,” said Crystal, the youngest of the nine students. “How do you communicate with a species that doesn’t believe in your existence?”

“Crystal, my child, never presume anything. Just because the majority of the individuals of a species don’t believe in your existence, doesn’t mean every individual of that species disbelieves in you.”

“I see,” she wrinkled her brow and frowned; suddenly a bright smile lit up her features and her snow-white wings flapped raising her a food of the ground.. “I’m supposed to find the poets and artist of the species and communicate with them.”

“Yes, Crystal, however I suggest you find one specific poet or artist to communicate with and once he or she responds positively to your message then ask to be introduced to the individual’s circle of friends.” He laughed as she came back down and landed in her assigned position. “I gather you’ve received your first assignment. Why don’t you tell the class about it?”

“I’m assigned to Earth in the year 2200.”

“Interesting,” Michael said, “a snow angel assigned to a planet in the midst of global warming. I don’t think it’s snowed anywhere on that planet in about fifty years.”

“One hundred years, Sir, I know it will be a difficult assignment, but I believe I can accomplish the specified goals.”

My response to the December 5, 2008 leading entry by Erika


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622764-Communication