*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623233-red-magic-and-the-kiss-of-death
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#623233 added December 8, 2008 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
red magic and the kiss of death
Laundry detergent, "red magic and the kiss of death. All right, I did it again; I bought a laundry detergent that I’m allergic to. I don’t know how I missed the words indicating that it had a scent, but I did. So now, I have to put up with the rash or at least the beginning of a rash until this weekend. I go another check in the mail on Saturday, while I was out cashing and depositing my paycheck.

I don’t notice the problem until I put on a turtleneck sweater. I have three turtleneck sweaters, which I wear during late fall and early winter. Saturday I put one on and wore it all day Saturday, then to bed Saturday night and then all day Sunday. Monday morning I woke up with the beginning of a rash on my neck and throat. Then to top that, I think I may be coming down with a cold.

Needless to say, I didn’t get a flu shot on Saturday when I went to pick up my thyroid meds. If I don’t come down with a cold by this coming Saturday, then I’ll call get a flu shot. I don’t like to get flu shots when I have a cold.

Tomorrow afternoon I’m getting my upper teeth pulled and dentures put in. I’m planning on going to work Wednesday no matter how much pain I’m in. I’ve found lately that pain is relative. Pain is always there to a lesser or greater degree. I bitch about it, but I don’t let it stop me from doing what I want. I want to go to work for the next three or four days. Then I’ll have three weeks off before I have to go back to work again.

I’ve heard that pain in your mouth is different from pain in your knee. I don’t know how it could be because you feel them both in your head. You only think you’re feeling the pain in your knee or your mouth because of the nerves.

My response to the December 7, 2008 leading entry by mood indigo


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623233-red-magic-and-the-kiss-of-death