*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623662-Precipitating
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#623662 added December 10, 2008 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Precipitating
It's precipitating!

Precipitation + freezing weather = closed schools!

*Smirk*

Yep, we're supposed to get snow! Usually, even if we get snow, it doesn't stick, but melts when it hits the ground. The news said that this time it may stick on the "predominately grassy areas."

I don't care where in the heck it sticks, I'll be looking at the little scrolling part at the bottom of the screen in the morning to see that they have closed our schools up. Nothing like a free day off work courtesy of the Snow God.

*runs of to burn incense, or something*

You can tell we don't have snow very often by the very fact that I'm excited about it. Mississippi has only had two really big snows that I can remember. One was when I was about 8, and the other when I was about 13. When I was a senior in high school, in 1987, it had been warm at Christmastime, then when April rolled around there was about two inches of snow on the ground. I don't know why they didn't shut the schools down that time, but I remember standing in front of the school with my friends all throwing snowballs at each other. It's the only time I remember THAT happening.

We had about two molecules of snow last year - on a SATURDAY. Which I was happy about, because I was still at the juvie jail, and we still had to drive down there if it was bad weather. It melted by noon, anyway.

Hehee! Did I mention that they may close up the schools? My worst-behaved class is tomorrow too. Hooray!

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623662-Precipitating