*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623773-Lick-the-back-of-my-head-and-trade-me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#623773 added December 13, 2008 at 2:04am
Restrictions: None
Lick the back of my head and trade me!
Good Thursday morning Stoggers! Hello, and what is up? Now that the furor over my last post has died down a bit, it's time to take a leap into something never really maximized here in The Library. Thank you all for your kind words directed via The Drop-Off, email and text message toward The CWC That I Am Very Happy To Share A Cozy Bed With, but I'm here now to tell you all about a product that is poised to change my life, or at least the way I handle the mailing of letters, bills, thank you notes and bomb threats, etc.

That's right Studyees...I am endorsing a product and using this space to share it with you.

Jess and I have been pondering options for our Christmas card for weeks, and I am happy to announce that we've made our decision after finally taking the first picture of us that we both like this past weekend and how we're gonna go about it. We bought a box of Dr. Seuss cards and we're sticking that pic of us to all our friends and certain family members. Mainly because the boys won't sit still long enough or remain dormant for a good photo, and J doesn't want to leave them out.

Inside the box of cards is a coupon for what I think is a revolutionary product offered jointly by Walgreens and stamps.com...your picture on a postage stamp.

Let me reiterate, Stoggers, just how awesome that sounds: Your picture, on a postage stamp.

And if you're like me or Noe and have an in with a Walgreens employee, you also get their discount on top of the $2 off coupon. Your face on 20 stamps, normally $18.99, less two bucks and a nice discount from The Wall? Word! Where do I sign up? Just bring a picture, a cd with a picture on it, a media card with your favorite picture on it, and turn it into something kinda like currency that you use to send parcels and well-wishes across the country this holiday season. Who needs a "Forever" stamp when they can have your zip code postmarked over your smirking grill? Why fight the escalating USPS prices just to have some lame ass Christmas tree stamp, when the recipients of your Festivus-for-the-rest-of-us wishes are going to the Hanukkah and Kwanzaa celebrators in your circle of people that you only communicate with through a cheesed-up card? Make it your own, Studyees. And make it fun!

I personally cannot wait to come home and have the most ridiculous snapshot taken of me in a Santa hat to smack on the back of these envelopes. Short of my face gracing a million dollar bill, this is a chance to bring some funny to anyone's day. Especially those mired in the usual December blahs. And a family stamp sets you apart from the masses. Or something.

This whole idea of cards and a personal stamp set me up into the best mood I've been in Xmas-wise in years. Besides "Christmas In Hollis" by RUN-DMC and "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney, I dug out some stuff for the holidays...Gord Downie's "Christmastime In Toronto"... Hawksley Workman's "Almost A Full Moon" is romantic in a way and can actually bring a happy tear to my eye. Go to www.maplemusic.ca and hook yourself up with a fantastic non-traditional Xmas cd from a fantastic singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist. Easy to get up here, but not so much out west. Hence the website...search and y'all shall be rewarded. Word.

I also have been reading a lot (when you work in a bookstore that lets you borrow books, it happens). Howard Dully wrote a memior titled My Lobotomy, which is a nice read for the disaffected NPR crowd and also an interesting book. But lately, I have been enraptured by Tucker Max's tales in I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell. He is not for everyone, but DAMN, he is off-the-charts hysterical in a way that if you lived that life, his life, you could be in awe of. And if you longed for it, you could appreciate it. Zack, you might enjoy it.

That said Studyees, I have to get ready for work. I promise more pictures as soon as I can edit them, remove the redeye and format them to WDC's tiny obligations. If anyone is interested in a Suess card with our autographs and fancy Xmas piccy, drop me your info privately and I'll see that you get the goody-goods. Until I get a day off that I have to myself so I can get situated and caught up on you, you make this what it is, so y'all be good. GOOD DAY NOW!!

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623773-Lick-the-back-of-my-head-and-trade-me