*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624083-inscribed-on-the-whiteness-of-the-page-recorded-in-blindness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#624083 added December 13, 2008 at 10:27am
Restrictions: None
inscribed on the whiteness of the page recorded in blindness
Everyday the thoughts, dreams and hopes of every human being on earth are "inscribed on the whiteness of the page recorded in blindness. This is because the page each of us is recording the events of his or her life is the soul, the immortal spirit of the individual.

I have no doubt that my soul will survive the death of my body. Someday my heart will stop beating (hopefully not until I am at least 100 years old), but eventually my body will die and decompose. The molecules and atoms that make up my physical existence will return to the planet of my birth.

When my soul and body separate, I will review my life. At that point, there will be regrets because I will see the sorrow I have caused others and myself through my own inaction and fears. There will also be joy because I will see the good I did in life, but did not know about. After that, my soul will begin its ascent through all the worlds of God.

What form my soul will take on in the next world I have no idea. I imagine it will be something like a butterfly of light, but I do not know this for sure. Only the Eternal Creator knows the form the individual human soul takes on after the death of the body. The things I will take with me are the spiritual attributes I have developed in this material, this physical existence. I will take my creativity because that is a spiritual attribute. I will take happiness and joy because those are spiritual attributes. I will take faith because that is a spiritual attribute.

True I have gone through phases of doubt where I wondered if my soul would survive death. I have gone through phases of doubt where I wondered if I was worthy of God’s love and protection. However, each time I enter one of these phases something happens that restores my faith or reveals that God has forgiven my doubts and overlooks what I consider my unworthiness.

The interesting thing is that I have never (at least I do not remember doing so) doubted the existence of God, the Unknowable Creator. I will be 62 on December 24, 2008. I have no idea what the coming year holds for me, I know I will face difficulties, but I have no idea what type of difficulties. I can only pray, mediate and read the scriptures. I can only write poems and stories about my experiences both those past and in the future.

The only thing any human being has for sure is hope.


My response to the December 12, 2008 leading entry by Jay's debut novel is out now!



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624083-inscribed-on-the-whiteness-of-the-page-recorded-in-blindness