*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624090-Pull-up-a-chair
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#624090 added December 13, 2008 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Pull up a chair
"Invalid Entry and get comfortable. No I don’t want a drink, I haven’t drink anything stronger then coffee in over thirty years. And yes, I mind very much if you smoke. In case you hadn’t noticed this is a non-smoking restaurant. In fact, every place in Las Vegas that serves food is non-smoking.

I don’t mind if you drink wine, hard liquor or beer; just don’t expect me to pay for it or drive you home. There are several cab companies in Vegas that will take you anywhere you want for a fee. Just because I don’t drink doesn’t mean I’m a designated driver. In fact, there is a group called “Designated Drivers” that will take you and your car home. Yes, I do believe they charge, but why should you worry about the minor cost of someone driving you home when you’re drunk. You can afford the liquor so you can afford the cost of having someone take you home.

Yes, I have changed a great deal since the last time you saw me. I have gotten older, wiser and changed religions. Would you like to hear about my new faith? Actually, it isn’t new to me because I’ve been a member for over thirty years, but it’s new to you and so I’ll refer to it as my new faith.

No, you don’t. Then what would you like to discuss. Oh, you see someone else you know and want to impose yourself on her. Well, I’ll probably see you again, because you are drunk enough not to remember this conversation or seeing me in this restaurant or any place in Las Vegas.

Oh, look he left his car keys lying on the table. Well he won’t need them tonight. So I’ll just turn them in to the next police officer I see.

My response to the December 13, 2008 leading entry by Kay


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624090-Pull-up-a-chair