*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624726-Days-of-nothingness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#624726 added December 17, 2008 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Days of nothingness
Letter to ... from The Break Espresso

         days of nothingness

I remember days of nothingness, sitting there as if to dare the emptiness to fill with dreams. Not so long ago, and yet it seems three lifetimes. I stared at snow and weak December sun as if my will could make you reappear; yet, you remained a ghost that blended into whiteness and the glaring vastness stretched between us. I sometimes called to hear your voice, an echo of forgotten pasts, a ripple of some future hope, lapping on my frozen shores. I wanted more; you desired less. Somehow we made our peace. Well met, we'd tell the others; yet, I sit here lost and beg these mountains make you call. You never call. And the emptiness between us fills with frost.

© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.378.J1888] 2008-12-16

I remember a day on Tenth Street in Lawrence, sitting in the weak sun, glad I was warm. Now glad I am here. The prompt was "I remember days of nothingness ...".

BLAH BLAH BLACKSHEEP:


I wrote almost 4 pages in my Journal today! Yay. I'm sitting at home with a cuppa smoky Lapsang Soochong.

So the skinny: At the Sr. Ctr. ate chicken, rice and beets (yes, mom, I ate my veggies) then walked across the bridge to Spanish Circle. Hung out at Break Espresso and read Black Branches, a book of poetry by Greg Pape. Walked home and ate again. Oh ... the excitement!

It was a bright sunny day. Calm but very cold. The high was 0 and last night's low was -15.

"Crossing the bridge wasn't bad. Very little wind. It's interesting to note the channels, the last to freeze has the greatest depth, the fewest obstruction, substantial flow. There were wisps of mist rising in the cold. Some twirled like snow-devils rising, rising until dissipating, to begin anew. Magical time really if one is warm enough." [J1889]

FOOTBALL:

Saw the Griz bus go by on their trip to the airport. I told Chilean friends to leave the car at home Friday night, go downtown, join in on the party. And watch out for drunk drivers! It will probably be below zero with more snow on the streets.

There could be easily be more than 2,000 Montana fans at the Championship game in Chattanooga. A sea of maroon.

BLOGVILLE

I do read blog entries, truly I do. Some of my favs are no longer blogging. I add new ones. But it takes time to get to know them. I would gently encourage all new readers to leave comments. It creates a sense of community and if someone truly wants to be read in return, leaving comments is one way to do it. Sadly, some folks never leave comments so I have no way of knowing they have visited nor whether I've offended them. It's not a rule to reciprocate, but it's a good strategy and makes this sometimes lonely place feel more like home.

Montana: -8º at 22:22
9741

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624726-Days-of-nothingness