*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626157-The-Heirophant--Part-II
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#626157 added December 26, 2008 at 12:17pm
Restrictions: None
The Heirophant--Part II
This tarot card is traditionally represented as the Pope---the symbol of authority, dogma, and the exoteric aspects of formalized religion.

Pope Benedict this Christmas unfortunately railed against gay, transgendered people in his Christmas message. And I am supremely disappointed that Barack Obama has chosen Rick Warren to deliver the benediction at his inaugural. He may like and respect Pastor Warren, but this is a man who is anti-gay, and a fundamentalist to boot----smells like a political cop-out to me.

I'd prefer he have chosen someone like Bishop Carlton Pearson who preaches a gospel of inclusion or even Bishop Vashti Mackenzie Murphy.....or Rev. Sara Miles-----Rick Warren is such a cop-out choice!

In many circles it is believed that Peter as the first Pope was called to carry the tradition of the formal, rigid, exoteric teachings of Christ and the Church. But there exist believers that the more mystical, esoteric teachings were entrusted to John, and represent the inner teachings of Christianity. You can search the web for Johannine Christianity and find some interesting philosophies.

I've just begun reading "The Shack"----and it will be interesting to see what this book has to say about God.

A gospel of inclusion.....

Blessings

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626157-The-Heirophant--Part-II