*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626455-Day-28-Crazy-Candle-Cures-Insomnia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#626455 added December 28, 2008 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
Day 28: Crazy Candle Cures Insomnia
Crazy candle cares cowboys


The first sight that greeted C.C.’s eyes when she opened them was darkness. There was no light from either natural or human created sources. Complete uncut darkness surrounded her not even the hands on her bedside clock glowed.

The next thing she noticed was the silence. She could hear nothing the house was still, she could hear neither the refrigerator, which usually ran twenty-four hours a day, nor the central heating unit. She could not even hear the ringing in her ears.

“That settles it,” she said setting up in bed, “I’ve gone blind and deaf at the same time.”

What are you talking about, C.C.? A deep male voice echoed through her mind.

“Who are you?” Chills ran up her spine as a hand touched her right arm.

I’m, Cowboy, you husband, C.C. He caressed her arm again as his words flowed though her mind. We’ve been married twenty-five years today.

“Oh, great! I’m not only blind and deaf, but I’ve lost my memory as well.”

C.C., he kissed her on the cheek, if you’re going to talk aloud please whisper otherwise your voice will attract predators.

“Fine,” she whispered attempting to find the light that was supposed to be setting on the bedside table. The only thing she found was a half-burnt candle in a metal holder. “Cowboy, where are the matches to light this candle?”

What are you trying to do, My Love, get us both killed. A light this time of night will definitely attract the bastards.

“Cowboy, if that is your real name and you are my husband, what are you talking about?”

“You’ve had another one of your weird dreams and you don’t know where you are.” He said, not caring if his voice did attract predators. “This always happens after you’ve suffered with seven days of insomnia. Just out of curiosity, where did your insomniac hallucinations take you this time?”

“Let’s start this conversation over again. If you are my husband, which I doubt, what does C.C. stand for?”

“Crazy Candle, and your mother named you after she recovered from a month long bout of insomnia. She said your birth cured her insomnia.”

Something struck the house causing the window to shatter and the house to shake.

“What was that, Cowboy?”

“A predator and its broken our bedroom window again.” He reached for the sword lying on his side of the bed. “If you will excuse me, My Sweet, I’m going to slay a dragon for you. If I don’t return in a couple of hours, please contact Cares Cowboys and inform them you’re a widow. In the mean time, why don’t you go back to sleep!”

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1405205 by Not Available.



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626455-Day-28-Crazy-Candle-Cures-Insomnia