*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626580-Day-29-Trapped
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#626580 added December 29, 2008 at 1:20pm
Restrictions: None
Day 29: Trapped
You have a key to your ex'es apartment. You decide to snoop around when he/she unexpectedly comes home. You hide in the closet. What do you hear?"


I suppose I should have returned the key to him when we signed the final paper, but until I found it in the freezer wrapped in a frozen dishrag, I had forgotten about it. I am not sure how the key got in the wet dishrag and why the dishrag was in the freezer. At the time of the divorce was under a great deal of stress, so perhaps I put the key in the dishrag and put it in the freezer.

Anyway, I found the dishrag and the key a couple of days ago when I was cleaning out the fridge. I found the dishrag stuffed in the corner of the freezer behind Thanksgiving turkey leftovers marked “Black Friday 2005”, that was the date I found the key in the inside pocket of his dress suite and confronted him about it. I still do not understand why I did not throw the key after him when he left the house.

I found the key, I went to his “love nest” and the key still worked. It is not surprising because he never thinks of the little things like rekeying a door. He always left that up to me. Therefore, what happened after I opened the door and entered his apartment was entirely his fault. He should have had the door rekeyed when he figured out he lost the key.

I opened the door and went in. The apartment was just as I had always envisioned it a typical bachelor’s apartment with everything necessary to seduce a woman. I went into the bedroom to see the bed and while I was looking at the neatly made bed, he returned. When I heard the voices in the hall, I slipped into the closet. I did not want him to find me in his apartment. The divorce was bad enough without him accusing me of stealing his stuff.

So there I was in the closet when they entered the bedroom, him and his latest conquest. She sounded nice and almost as gullible as I was when Jerry and I first meant.

“So, you been divorced about three or four years,” she had a very sexy voice for a woman, too sexy to be his type.

“Yes, Nora, and I haven’t had a woman since. The divorced was just too traumatic.”

“Why, Jerry,” it sounded as if one of them was turning down the bed.

“She took everything including the house, the bank accounts, the Mercedes, the Harley and she even got sole custody of the children.”

“Oh, you poor thing, no wander you haven’t been near a woman since. When do you have visitation rights?”

“I … I don’t, Nora, I’m not allowed to see my son or daughter. She made the most terrible accusations and the court believed her.” I almost lost it when he said that. There I was trapped in the closet of his bedroom listening to him seduce some poor trusting helpless woman with lies. We never had any children; the only thing I got custody of was the Cocker Spaniel, which I immediately had neutered. As for the Mercedes, he totaled that when he went on a New Year’s Eve drunk last year and there never was a Harley.

“Oh, you poor sweet thing,” at that moment the phone ring and he answered it.

“Hi, Beverly, no not right now, you can’t come over I have … I’m busy. Call me tomorrow.”

“Who was that, Jerry?” Miss Sexy Voice said.

“The … the cleaning lady, she wanted to come over and clean the apartment today.”

“You don’t have a set time and day for her to come,” Miss Sexy Voice sounded suspicious.

“No, Nora, I … I like to know … she lost the key and I haven’t had another one made yet.”

“Oh, well I guess that makes…” at that moment, I sneezed. “What was that? Is someone in your closet?”

“No, Nora,” he sounded a bit upset. I took a deep breath and decided to take the cat by the whiskers.

“Sorry, Jerry,” I said opening the closet door and walking out of the closet. “Here is the key, Beverly lost. Apparently she left it at my house when she came to clean up after that damn Cocker Spaniel of yours.” I gave him the key, kissed him on the cheek and walked out of the room. One second latter I heard him scream in pain and Miss Sexy Voice came out of the bedroom.

I left the apartment two seconds after she slammed the front door behind her. There was no way I was going back into that bedroom to see how badly he was hurt or where.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1405205 by Not Available.



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626580-Day-29-Trapped