*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626493-Shadowed-silhouette
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#626493 added December 28, 2008 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Shadowed silhouette
Shadowed silhouette

He greeted the moon and the stars that by dark shone on you from your birth to your burial. He spoke to each one in hope of finding the one you had confided to. He left messages for your spirit with the hunter of winter, the ram rising in spring, the lion of summer. In the balance of autumn, he sought you in the eyes of the children yet to be born. Through his lifetime he searched for a trace of your presence. Now he bowed to the dawn and sobbed of his long suffering patience. Not to disown the dark but to move on, as from shadow into half-light of warm dappled shade.

         pink sky
         shadowed silhouette
         of a boy


© 2008 Kåre Enga [165.388.gz.zm] 2008-12-27

"Not to disown the dark but to move on, as from shadow into half-light ..." was the prompt.

blah blah blah:


Anyone ever do a Kenken puzzle? I had fun doing a couple last night. Took me awhile as the strategy is different from Sudoku.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KenKen

Only left my room to take a walk. A day of sunshine, rain and slush. Very mild; first day above 32 since the 12th. Got a baguette and a pastry with custard and marionberries. Wanted to go sit in the coffee shop across the street but they were having the floors redone.

Managed to call a cousin and an aunt today and yesterday a cousin and my mother, so I'm keeping in touch with family.

Reading poems in Norwegian and English of Tarjei Vesaas *Reading*.

MILLSTONES and MILESTONES:

"Speak soft my name reached 100 reviews thanks to Carolina Blue (99) and Madi (100).

Montana: 42.2º at 17:05
10,061

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626493-Shadowed-silhouette