*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626809-The-Shopping-Duo-Do-the-Promonade
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#626809 added January 3, 2009 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
The Shopping Duo Do the Promonade
Sydney Elise and I had the whole day on Monday to spend together.  We sorta slept in and then hit the stores.  She has inherited my shopping gene.  Syd is 11 and in her first year of middle school.  We had to have a muffin at Mimi's Cafe in the new shopping center we visited in Bentonville, AR because Mimi is who I am to them.  Yum-m-m.  She sure knows her muffins!  We looked more than we shopped and Sephora--I hope that is spelled correctly--was our favorite.  We got to play in all the makeup and feel the soft brushes.  Then, it was off to the movies.

We went to see Marley and Me and I sorta went to eat lots and lots of butter soaked popcorn and Diet Coke. Anyway, the movie was fun until the end when they spent wa-a-a-ay too much time with the dog getting ready to and then finally dying.  I cried, and cried, and cried.  Sydney patted my shoulder and held my hand.  I bet I cried for 30 minutes or more.  What a downer!  I bet she was so-o-o embarrassed although I tried to be quiet, but I think I accidentally bawled aloud here and there.

Next, we needed to shop some more, so off we went.  Here and there and over there, etc.  Finally, at 3:30 or 4:00 we--I--was tuckered out and home we went.

Sydney is a sweet, sweet child--young lady--and loves to read and write. She is a movie maven and excels in gymnastics and running.  She starts speed camp within the week!

I had a great time with all the kids.  They are all so different and so much fun to be with. 

© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626809-The-Shopping-Duo-Do-the-Promonade