*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627214-Today-is-the-First-Day-of-the-Rest-of-My-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#627214 added January 2, 2009 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life
A new year begins today.  As I think of the list of things I want to try to be better at this year, I am also aware of the fact that I rarely keep New Years Resolutions.  Instead, I would like to recite the Serenity Prayer each morning when I first get up. If I am granted strength and knowledge and wisdom, I'll be a better person.

I pray for the new presidency in the US and hope that he will be safe and given the chance to make America a better place in all areas of life.

To my friends I wish for you an abundance of hope and courage and prosperity--not the buckets-of-gold kind, but the kind where we are not afraid of tomorrow for whatever cause.

To my family I wish I could see you more and I wish you much good health and happiness along with more love than you can imagine under the circumstances.

Finally, I want to learn more about the Native American peoples and their history and life.  Although I have always been told I am Cherokee, no one ever told me what that was.  I want to understand the circle of life, the earth's positive energy, and all the things I am too ignornant to even know I need to know. 



© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627214-Today-is-the-First-Day-of-the-Rest-of-My-Life