*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629584-A-New-Toy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#629584 added January 14, 2009 at 6:39am
Restrictions: None
A New Toy?
Can it be true? That's what Zak says. HP is giving me a new laptop.

I spent the entire day on the phone with HP tech support. Mike, nice guy, took control of my laptop, after we had to erase the darn thing. It was the only way he could get in. If you are not aware - if you have a pc that has Norton preinstalled, you HAVE to go to the Norton website and download the removal tool. Otherwise, if you just remove, like I did, it will interfere with things on your pc. So he removed it, and had remote access to the pc. Everything he tried seemed to have issues. Screens were different than what they were supposed to be. And after one update, we lost total control of the mouse. So Mike had me go in and run the hard drive test - which takes an hour and half. After that, he would have me perform a memory tests. Well, I had a doctor appt, and had to leave. so poor Zak was stuck with the finishing touches.

Now, I love my kid, don't get me wrong, but that boy just doesn't pay attention. The only thing he can tell me - is that I am getting a new one. Not when. Not if I have to send the old one back. Not what kind, what model - nothing more than I am getting a new pc. *Rolleyes*

And during this lovely process, I went onto Danny's pc, got booted from the net, and couldn't get back on for the life of me. It totally sucked. I wound up going to Staples to buy a new wireless adaptor, thinking that was the issue, but the real problem is the USB port on that pc. Now I've already dumped $250 into it back in Sept. Just bought two g's of memory (which only cost me $40) but I am not prepared to dump anymore money into it. If it's failing, then I am willing to let it go. Hell, Zak's pc only cost me $250 and it has 3g's of memory.

So here's to a new laptop - and hoping that this one will be better than the last!


© Copyright 2009 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629584-A-New-Toy