*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630928-Inauguration-DayA-Landmark-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#630928 added February 8, 2009 at 4:46pm
Restrictions: None
Inauguration Day...A Landmark Day
How proud I felt to be an American today as the 44th President of the United States was sworn in before a trillion-person crowd.  Ok, maybe not a trillion, but it sure looked like it.  I am proud to be an American most days, but this is a red-letter day.  It was like I felt when our servicemen came home from VietNam and I saw the soldier whose bracelet I had worn for years step off the plane.  It was the same pride I had in our landing on the moon.  Yes, I do believe we went to the moon. 

I hope that Obama can make a difference in our country.  But, right now there are many problems that face our country.  I doubt Superman could fix them all.  I call on each American today to pledge themselves to giving this man a chance and to give him a hand in repairing what's broken.

He has vowed to end the divisiveness and partisanship that is rampant in Washington.  I wish I could believe this is a real possibility. There is a reason all the senators and representatives are wealthy.  I call on anyone to prove to me that any senator or representative lives totally on his/her own salary as an elected official.    This is not Obama's problem.  He didn't elect these guys over and over.  We did!

There is no reason to go on and on about the problems.  We all know what they are and we need to support our new administration in solving them.

I believe Obama to be an honest man and an humble man.  I believe him to be a good husband and father.  I believe he can set the example that needs to be upheld in this high office.  I just ask that we all give him a chance.

Please let us all remember that he is only ONE man.  And, I believe it was Abe Lincoln who said, "You can't please all the people all the time."  I am not asking that this man please me.  I am asking and praying that he make the best choices for our country as a whole.  As long as we have any problem, question, idea, or opinion, there will be a minimum of two different sides.  Nothing is simple.  But, I believe in my heart that America has made the right choice in choosing their 44th President of the United States and I am proud to be an American.

© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630928-Inauguration-DayA-Landmark-Day