*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631090-Bush-Finally-Scores
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#631090 added January 21, 2009 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
Bush Finally Scores
The first thing George W. Bush did that I approve of is to fade off into the sunset of the Texas sky. 

Secondly, before he left, he finally did something he should have done long ago, but thank God, he finally had the cajones to take an albeit "quiet" stand.  The thing of which I speak is the commutations of two former U.S. Border Patrol agent convicted in 2006 of shoot an ILLEGAL ALIAN who was smuggling MARIJUANA.  Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean were CONVICTED of shooting this miscreant in the butt.  There were given 11 and 12 years in prison.  WHAT???????????????

Excuse me, but what is a main priority of the U.S. Border Patrol if not to keep ILLEGALs and DRUGs out of our country?  I'm sorry the alian, O. A. Davila, did not stop and take his knocks for breaking the law.  What a travesty.  I can't believe we have anyone who would want to be a member of this particular law enforcement branch.  If I were breaking the law and smuggling drugs, I would expect to be shot at if I failed to obey law enforcement officers.

This is not a tirade against our Mexican neighbors.  I have many friends of Mexican heritage.  They are in the U.S.  legally.  What I am against is two fold:  (1)  Any non-citizen coming to my country illegally and (2) Law enforcement agents doing their job and being punished for such.  They did not kill him, for goodness sakes.

So, George, you did two good things yesterday.  Atta Boy!

© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631090-Bush-Finally-Scores