*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632912-Earthquake-this-morning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#632912 added January 30, 2009 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
Earthquake this morning!
This morning we were awakened at about 5:30 AM. by the bed shaking. At first I thought that Ron was shaking the bed from dreaming...and that he was going to roll off of it! Then I realized that we were having an earthquake! He thought at first that one of our cats had jumped on the bed! It did not make any noise...but moved one side of the mirror on my dresser.

It lasted less than 30 seconds, but it was enough to wake us and keep us from going back to sleep that's for sure!
It registered a 4.5 and centered West of Seattle in Kingston. We are hearing that it was felt as far away as Victoria, B.C.(Canada)

I called my daughter because she lives in Port Orchard and it is only a 40 minute drive to Kingston from her place. She said that they did not feel it , but that something woke them all up and her dogs were barking.

My sons (in Port Orchard)said they slept right through it and didn't even know about it.*Bigsmile* That doesn't surprise me*Laugh*

It was the strongest earthquake that I had felt since the one in 2001. That one was a 6.8 and split my home in half! Needless to say... I don't like earthquakes. This one however, did not scare me.*Bigsmile*


© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632912-Earthquake-this-morning