*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633263-Two-of-Cups
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#633263 added February 1, 2009 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
Two of Cups
signature by crumbled cookie

My damn purple cast came off on Tuesday last! I am left with some pain and much stiffness---I was surprised by this---but after googling the prognosis for a colles fracture---this is not uncommon. I'm supposed to get therapy 2X a week for 6 weeks---but at $40.00 a copay per session, I don't see that happening. I've been given a home exercise program and will work with that, time I think, and Reiki will be the great healers. The day after the cast came off it was warm enough to go to the pool---that seems really beneficial----but it has been too cool for that this week-end. Hope it warms up soon! I'm certain that floating in the Gulf would be healing, too,
but I don't see that happening at least till April!

The Two of Cups is today's card....love, goodness, and prosperity. Recently finished reading Jack Kornfield's newest book on Buddhist psychology...he makes a wonderful statement about prosperity...challenging the "New Age" faddists ...ala "The Secret"...that prosperity is chiefly about material riches. Kornfield asserts that prosperity and abundance are what we are surrounded by now...the goodness and fullness of human existence...that becoming quiet and still helps us to recognize the bounty we have already present in this moment. I believe Jesus was always saying about the same thing.

Jack Kornfield also clarified for me the Buddhist concept of "egolessness"...something that this Western mind could never grasp. His point is that as we grow and mature we certainly must develop a strong, central core, an ego...but that in human development this is not an endpoint.
There is a greater capacity within human beings, something that all spiritual traditions point toward, of recognizing our oneness, our connectedness to each other , the cosmos, the Atman, the Godhead, Christ Conciousness.

I've also recently finished reading The Accidental Santera...a novel about a modern woman,a scientist's journey back to her roots and embracing her familial religion of Santeria. It is a wonderful account of the intricacies of that religion and clears much of the bias and superstition that surrounds Santeria. Though I don't intend to ever practice Santeria or Voudun, I am intrigued by their panoply of saints and deities, and feel connected to Yemaya....an association with the Great Mother of the World. Santeria and Voudun deal with archetypal energies and are not the crazed, superstition-filled, simplistic religions that they have been portrayed as.

There is mystery and depth, I believe, at the heart of most of the world's religions. Not sure about Scientology, though. *Smile* I guess I'm just more in tune with saints, and herbs, seashells and crystals, crosses and roses, than E-meters!

As Steven Colbert sang in his post-modern Christmas carol...."there are worse things to believe in".....Blessings!


Nicholas Roehrich's Madonna Oriflamma






© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633263-Two-of-Cups