*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634945-Open-Letter-to-Our-US-Congressmen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#634945 added February 15, 2010 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Open Letter to Our US Congressmen
February 9, 2010

US Senators & Representatives
Their Respective Offices
Washington, DC

Dear Duly Elected US Senators and Representatives:

I feel the situation in our country to be deplorable. I find it ludicrous that you have passed legislation that led to the Wall Street fiasco.  Yes, we need a stimulus package, but we don't need any more of the gimme-gimme mind set each and everyone of you seems to suffer.  It is my hope that you will recover some semblance of public service devotion and honesty and enact the following items.

1.  Outlaw any and all kinds of lobbyist entities.
2.  Make PORK BARREL legislation punishable for a fine double the amount of money asked for.
3.  Control and reduce the bureaucracy.
4.  Pay your fair share of taxes.....(Hint:  Your fair share is more than my fair share.)
5.  Round up all ILLEGAL immigrants and send them home as many times as it takes.
6.  Pass legislation that any elected public servant can only serve for 8 years.  Then, they are finished.  The torch must be passed.  Perhaps "croneyism"  "immorality", and "self-serving" officials could be cut in half.


A taxpayer who never missed a deadline, a  true patriot, and a very angry citizen,
            Rixfarmgirl

© Copyright 2010 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634945-Open-Letter-to-Our-US-Congressmen