*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635813-The-Flower-Fiasco-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1527474
A glimspse into my musings ... as rambling, twisted & demented as they may be
#635813 added February 14, 2009 at 5:12pm
Restrictions: None
The Flower Fiasco ...
My hubby has been in New Orleans for the past week on a missions trip, so frankly I wasn't expecting flowers Friday at work. I wasn't at all suprised when CM2008 , my co-worker and great friend, got a delivery of three perfect white carnations at the office, but when the card was signed "from Big Brother" we were both startled! *Shock*

You see, my hubby calls Cass his little sister. He was the only one that she could think of that would have sent them with that message, but assuredly he wouldn't send her flowers and not me *Confused* ... would he??? *Worry*

Cass and I decided the flowers had to be from one of her male friends and went on with our day. As a long, rough Friday creeped to a close, I had an unexpected call from the hubby. He asked how my day was and and a honest "shitty" was not the answer he was looking for. *Laugh* There was a long silence at the other end of the phone and he asked if I hadn't gotten a delivery. At my negative answer, he repeated the question. When the answer was still negative he clarified with ... "You didn't get flowers?" 

LOL That was when it dawned on me ... Cass's flowers were REALLY from my husband and I hadn't got any. When he sheepishly confirmed this with a description of what he ordered and the message on the card ... I teared up. Now mind you I am usually a strong woman, and the hubby treats me like a princess most of the time, BUT every girl has those moments where things just hit them wrong and their fragile feelings are crushed. THIS was one of those moments.

He hastily reassured me that he HAD ordered me flowers, A DOZEN to her mere three even ... but the little girl in me wanted to cry and ask ... THEN WHERE ARE THEY??? I did my best to laugh it off, but after very nearly 17 years of marriage, he could hear the hurt in my voice.

Needless to say, he got off the phone with me and called the florist to tell them they had  35 MINUTES to get a dozen green and white carnations to his wife. *Blush* Aren't they beautifuL?

The flower fiasco's final result

© Copyright 2009 Mara ♣ McBain (UN: irish_hussy69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mara ♣ McBain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635813-The-Flower-Fiasco-